Duffield Associates, Inc. is an award-winning engineering and science consulting firm specializing in civil, environmental, and geotechnical engineering, construction consulting and testing services. Established in 1976, Duffield has grown to include a professional and technical staff of over 90 individuals. The firm’s headquarters is located in a historic barn and farmhouse in Pike Creek Valley outside of Wilmington, Delaware. We have regional offices in Georgetown and Dover, Delaware, Center City Philadelphia and Carlisle, Pennsylvania and Bel Air, Maryland.
Duffield Associates is looking college sophomores and Juniors to intern in as a Civil Engineer for the Summer of 2018.
- Assist Project Managers with technical, civil engineering design
- Perform technical engineering work associated with land development and/or water resources:
- stormwater management design
- site grading
- erosion and sedimentation control design
- completion of various land development and environmental permitting applications
- attend meetings with municipal officials, engineers, developers, and contractors.
Desired Concentration: Civil, Water Resources, Land Development, Stormwater Management
- Striving for a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- Interest in land development civil-site engineering.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD required – familiarity with Civil 3D a plus.
- Familiarity with HydroCAD or other stormwater modeling software.
- Knowledge of or interest in green infrastructure practices, such as bioretention systems, permeable pavement, infiltration systems, and green roofs.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS software a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate should be a critical thinker, be willing to learn through trial and error, be self-motivated and willing to put the full effort towards the task at hand.
- Candidate should have a strong desire to grow and advance as an engineer or technical designer.
Internships are for Summer break but could possibly extend. Our internship program is centered on finding qualified Civil Engineering student candidates with a strong desire to potentially join our team after graduation.