Discovery Senior Living, a national award-winning developer, owner and operator of senior living communities is currently searching for part- time Care Managers to join our team at our community called The Summit. Shifts include weekends and evenings. We are looking for individuals with a flexible schedule. Ranked as one of the top 20 largest senior living providers in the United States and the top 5 for growth in the world, Discovery is redefining senior living through innovation, leadership and design. As a result the company currently has a flourishing portfolio of more than 8,500 homes with plans for continued growth.
About the Opportunity
Does working for the leader in the Senior Housing industry sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? Discovery Senior Living offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own careers. You'll be working with incredible individuals with boundless creativity.
The Care Manager’s role includes providing hands on care and physical and emotional support to each resident while maintaining a safe and comfortable home like environment.
Responsibilities include: maintaining cleanliness of resident’s room and work areas; helping residents maintain independence, promoting dignity and physical safety of each resident; actively participating and assisting residents with activities of daily living (i.e. bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, ambulation, transferring, eating) as instructed; engaging residents in life skills and other life enrichment activities.
• Certified Nurse’s Aid certification preferred
• High School diploma/GED
• Must be 18 years of age
• Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population
• Previous experience working with seniors preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively with Residents, management and co-workers
• Superior customer service skills
• Ability to make choices, decisions and act in the resident’s best interest
• Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Competent in organizational and time management skills
• Must demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
If you enjoy working with seniors, have strong communication and customer service skills, fill out an application today!